Subject: Re: NewTek, The Saga Continues. . .
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 11:33:49 -0400

In a message dated 95-10-16 00:19:21 EDT, you write:

>I just don't understand that if NewTek needs this cash why didn't they
>really push the 4.0 development. If it does everthing with the paint and
>the CG that it's supposed to, everyone I know that uses a toaster would
>upgrade. Like I stated before, did alot of people not upgrade there
>machines from 2.0 to 3.0. Or perhaps they realize that they can scrape by
>and finish the flyer software and 4.0. Keep afloat with lightwave sales,
>maybe get an injection of cash from the SGI resale and the Alpha resale
>exclusivity deals. Then get the cash from the 4.0 upgrade. Finally, finish
>development on the stand alone Flyer/Toaster. That's what I think the game
>plan is.
>
>Just trying to figure things out.
>
>
>
>Jeff Jones

Hey Jeff,

I'm not sure whats going on in the minds of the NewTek brain. I'm not
terribly happy about the way things appear. This Lets pull the carpet out
from under our customers routine is getting very old! I think it would be
prudent for all of us to wait until a NewTek rep has a chance to respond to
all of these complaints.

>From where I'm standing it doesn't look good for them, Especially this
Deskstaion thing. Jesus! If you're gonna get in bed with someone NewTek, why
not DEC!!!!!! If you really want to gain momentum, Get some power behind you.
Not some gimpy little company. The money man behind deskstation could change
his mind ANYTIME!

Then your ASS will be hanging in the wind, and all of those people out there
that you FORCED to spend another $1000.00 for Lightwave, because they didn't
want to buy a Raptor, are the people you WILL NEED to bail you out. 

This is just the way I see it. I'm willing to believe there are two sides to
every story. I'm still waiting to hear NewTeks'. Come on Tim, you really
don't need all of these people bad mouthing  your company, Why don't yo
reply??

Tom Rennen
Intelligent Light Digital Imaging
214-420-6815

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]